- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Contact Us
stay healthy order stage 3 from Governor Brad Little - October 27, 2020
It is required for Idaho City to send out this information through our website, posting at city h... [more...]
Historic Preservation Commission
Adopting a local preservation ordinance, appointing a preservation commission, and designating historic resources is one of the best ways for the City of Idaho City to protect the historic character of its buildings, neighborhoods, and landmarks from inappropriate alterations, incompatible new construction, as well as outright demolition. For additional questions about the Historic Preservation Commission, feel free to give us a call at 208-392-4584 or feel free to email us at IdahoCityHPC@gmail.com . We will gladly assist you.
Commissioners meet to review applications the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
Any exterior changes to a structure, signage, or demolition, planned within the boundaries of the Historic District, beyond maintenance projects, must obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Idaho City Historic Preservation Commission BEFORE starting that project and BEFORE a building permit can be issued.
1) Review the Historic District Guidelines in the section which applies to your project. Note: Contributing historic Buildings must follow the Secretary of Interiors Guidelines for historic building rehabilitation and restoration. Non-contributing building projects located in the District, must still obtain a certificate of Appropriateness, but under a less restrictive set of guidelines.
2) Fill out an Application for a Certificate of Appropriateness.
3) Turn it in a week before the next monthly meeting, if possible, by email email@example.com , the City Hall Dropbox, or at City Hall, during business hours.
4) You are welcome and encouraged, but not required, to attend the next monthly meeting, to answer any questions the commissioners might have. A call-in phone conference can also be arranged, as needed.
Applications and guidelines are below. You can also obtain one from City Hall during normal business hours.
Secretary of Interior's Standards and Guidelines for the treatment of Historic Properties: